Saturday, August 05, 2006

JOGL and COLLADA Books

I just got back from ACM SIGGRAPH 2006, a computer graphics conference in Boston. I was pleased to receive a book I had ordered a few weeks before just before I left, Foundations of 3D Graphics Programming: Using JOGL and Java3D by Chen and Wegman. I had feared it would be delivered to my home the day after I left for the trip.

When I got to the conference, I was also pleased to purchase COLLADA: Sailing the Gulf of 3D Digital Content Creation by Arnaud and Barnes. COLLADA is a new non-proprietary open standard for 3D content in XML that I am using. The authors were kind enough to sign my copy.

I was mainly at the conference to demonstrate the Whoola COLLADA Library, an Open Source Java library that I wrote to import and export 3D graphics in COLLADA. I am excited about these two book as I think they will help me improve my code considerably. I am going to add them to the CroftSoft Book List.

No comments: